Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Starting a quantitative project

Hello:


I want to learn more about quantitative marketing research, and I am learning by doing. I have decided to volunteer to do a study for the athletic club I attend. Essentially, I am helping an them conduct a customer satisfaction study that addresses a proposed expansion and it uses.


The purpose of this particular blog is for others to view my progress and add comments and suggestions.


I have just completed my second client meeting. So far, I have outlined the path of the project by action steps and timing, and help set objectives of what needs to be tested.


Here are the steps I have outlined for this project:


I1)Introduction, set scope, explain how research works to senior management and other decision makers


2)Set objectives from client standpoint


  • I asked my client to send the following question to all employees, "I wish our company would do ____ for our members. Give three responses

  • Summarized them by grouping, then categorizing responses (got 35 employees or so to respond

  • Met with senior management today. We used "I wish I knew.... about our members' wishes in four categories

1)Past - add, eliminate, modify, discover


2)Now - three months out


3)Brand and positioning


4)Proposed expansion


3)Collect likely responses from members to include language and items members want to populate survey. I plan to do 10 - 15 telephone interviews to populate responses



4)Develop survey with client input and review


5)Select the best free survey tools. Right now, I am considering survey monkey and zoomerang.


6)Read all I can about past customer sat studies and see if I can find examples


7)Pretest survey to check flow and make sure it takes no longer than 15 mins


7)Load and field pretested survey using member database of current and past customers



No comments:

Post a Comment